The final is yet again hosted at the world famous Wembley stadium with the world watching on. The final is of course between Manchester City and Wigan Athletic. Manchester City are just 1/5 with Ladbrokes to lift the trophy and just 4/11 to win it in 90 minutes.
Best match odds:
- Manchester City – 4/11 Paddy Power
- Draw – 5/1 Bet365
- Wigan – 8/1 BetVictor
Wigan get a day off from their near certain relegation, so a day at the FA cup final can only prepare them for their last push for survival. Some say their loss in midweek was the last straw for them. Manchester City have had weeks to prepare for this, and will not disappoint surely!
Nine of the last thirteen have been won to nil and thirteen from the last eighteen have gone under 2.5 goals. No team has won the FA cup by more than a 2 goals in the last 9 years since Manchester united beat Millwall.
Opta Facts supplied by optasports.com
- The two teams have only met twice before in the FA Cup, with City winning both games 1-0 at home, in 1971 in the third round and in 2006 when City won a Fourth Round clash.
- Wigan have failed to scored a single goal in each of their last seven meetings with the Citizens (all in the league), losing each of those games.
- Carlos Tevez has netted seven goals in 12 appearances against the Latics (all in the Premier League).
- City have won 10 of their last 11 FA Cup matches, keeping clean sheets in nine of those games and losing just one.
- The Manchester giants have scored in each of their last 18 FA Cup games. Only Chelsea, who City beat in the semi-finals, are currently on a longer scoring run in the competition (30 games).
- Roberto Martinez’s charges have only conceded one goal in their last five FA Cup games and only two overall in this campaign.
- However, City have shipped just one goal in this season’s FA Cup campaign, a joint-low figure.
- Only beaten semi-finalists Chelsea (17) can better City’s haul of 15 goals in the FA Cup this season.
- The Latics have enjoyed just two wins in their last six FA Cup clashes with top-tier teams, losing three and drawing one.
- This will be Wigan’s first FA Cup final appearance. The last team to win the cup in their first final was Wimbledon back in 1988.
- This will be City’s 10th FA Cup final, with the Citizens winning five of their nine finals so far.
- The last five FA Cup finals involving two top tier sides have produced a total of just nine goals (three 1-0s and two 2-1s)
- 13 of the last 17 exclusively top-tier finals have seen one or both sides failed to find the back of the net at all.
- David Silva has been involved in four goals (scoring one, assisting three) in his last two FA Cup appearances for the Citizens.
- Carlos Tevez has been involved in seven FA Cup goals this season, scoring five and assisting two more (five appearances).
- In five FA Cup appearances this season, Costel Pantilimon has kept four clean sheets, conceding just one goal in total.
- Jordi Gomez has scored three and assisted three goals in the FA Cup this season.
- Wigan Athletic have never lost a FA Cup match when Roman Golobart has played (W4 D1).
- Callum McManaman has scored in three successive FA Cup appearances.
With the tendency to see low scoring games and Wigan’s awful defence, it is hard to see where the Latic’s will score, so Manchester city are a treat at 13/10 to win to nil. Both teams not to score and Paddy Power are best 10/11 on this outcome if you feel less inclined than the win to nil, although the only way for both teams not to score is if Wigan win to nil.
- Manchester City – Win to nil 13/10 Betway